- Client machines must run a browser which supports Flash 6.0.79 or greater (Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari).
- Client machines must be either a Windows or Macintosh platform to support file and application sharing capabilities.
- An active internet connection. High speed (at least 512 kbps download speed) is recommended for optimal experience.
- It is recommended that the client machines have at least a Pentium 4 running at 2.0 GHz and 1 GB RAM for optimal experience. Although slower machines can be used, it is recommended that they are tested within the meeting environment prior to use.
Facilitated Integrated Phone Conferencing Meetings
- Clients must have an active telephone connection.
Facilitated VOIP Meetings
- Any speaker must have a working, configured microphone for use with their computer.
- Any speaker must also have a high bandwidth internet connection that supports at least 350 kbps upload speed.
Self-managed VOIP Meetings
- In addition to the requirements listed under "Facilitated VOIP Meetings" the presenter must have a Connect account.
- Any speaker intending to use the optional video broadcasting feature must have a working camera connected to their computer.
- Video adds additional strain to the network connection so it is recommended that this feature only be used by presenters who have reliable, very high bandwidth connections.
For your convenience, Extension IT keeps a list of recommended web conferencing gear.
You should also test with our Connect server to ensure your connection and hardware/software is working correctly.