Iowa State University Extension offers three different web conference models using the Adobe Connect Web Conferencing System.
- Facilitated meetings with integrated phone conferencing services. In this case the meeting is configured with presentation materials and prepared for clients to join. These tasks are performed by the meeting facilitator and transparent to the presenter. The audio component of the presentation is provided by Premiere Global via an integrated phone conferencing service. This is the preferred method for large interactive meetings or meetings where clients have unreliable VOIP equipment.
- Facilitated meetings using VOIP. The facilitator will ensure the presentation materials are loaded and ready for use and the meeting space is prepared for clients to enter. This is adequate when there are smaller groups who have reliable VOIP equipment and internet connections that can sustain 350Kbit per second upload and download speeds (Test My Connection).
- Self-managed VOIP meetings. The presenter is responsible for creating and managing all aspects of the meeting. The presenter must have a Connect account.
The Connect Facilitator will perform the following duties:
- Materials to be presented will be loaded into the meeting space at least four hours before the meeting starts
- Starting and stopping the conference
- Assisting with the selection of tools and the meeting layouts for the conference
- Helping the conference attendees join the conference
- Providing directions and support to attendees and dialing-out as needed
- Giving Presenter status and capability to participants as appropriate
- Assisting with the general management of the conference
- Providing web addresses of the recorded events to the meeting requester