How To Create A Meeting
Pick a time and date for the meeting and verify who will be presenting the materials. Contact Extension IT at 1-800-478-0057 or firstname.lastname@example.org and reserve the time. Someone will then send you the URL for the presentation and prepare the meeting. Prepare the media to be presented in the meeting. Send this material to the facilitator one day prior to the event for integration into Connect. Then it is simply a matter of getting the participants to enter the meeting by going to that URL at the specified meeting time. Participants can verify their connection by visiting http://connect.extension.iastate.edu/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
How To Join A Meeting
Please plan to join the meeting about 10 to 15 minutes early so that we can ensure everyone has successfully joined the meeting and we can begin on time.
You may verify that your computer's ability to use the Connect Web Conferencing system by visiting the following web address prior to the meeting:
After confirming that your computer is able to connect, perform the following easy tasks:
- Open your browser and enter the URL provided by the meeting requester.
- You will next be presented with a login screen that has an "Enter as Guest" option. Select that option, enter your name, and click your mouse on the "Click to Enter" button.
If using integrated phone:
- To hear the audio of the meeting and participate in the Q&A portion of the session, you will need to join the integrated teleconference. Once you login into the meeting you will be presented with the option to enter your call-back phone number. Please enter the number of the direct line to your office. If your number has an extension, please see the next bullet. After entering your number you will be automatically called and joined into the audio portion of the Web conference.
- If your phone line has an extension, the server will not be able to call you. In this case, you will need to dial 866-433-4616 and enter the passcode displayed on the screen to join the teleconference.
If using VOIP:
Connect User's Guide
- The audio of the conference should immediately be heard as the host speaks. Test your microphone by speaking into it and confirming the other participants can hear you by using the chat function.
Check out our new user's guide which can be downloaded here.