See how Microsoft has changed the look and navigation of old menu options. Learn how to find your way around the new environment using ribbons, the mini tool bar and the quick access toolbar; finding 'every day' commands; using the MS Office button and learning about new file formats. A majority of the new concepts will be covered and practiced in Word 2007 - many are applicable to PowerPoint and Excel. PowerPoint, Excel and/or Outlook will be explored as determined by time and interest.
- Get to know the Ribbon (in Word)
- The Ribbon in Action
- Additional tabs
- The mini tool bar
- The quick access tool bar
- New shortcuts = key tips
- Find Everyday Commands
- MS Office button
- Bullets, numbers and more
- About styles
- Format painter
- Insert pictures, hyperlinks, headers and footers
- Spelling & grammar
- Printing tips
- Old “Options” is now Word Options
- New File Format
- Why the change
- How do I know I’m using the new format
- What about the documents I already have?
- Converting old files
- Share documents between versions by using a converter
As determined by time and interest:
Note: You may (you don't have to) use your own laptop in class if you will already have Office 2007 installed AND you have a CD or DVD disk drive. Please indicate if you will be bringing your own to class. Type that in to the "notes" section of your personal information page during the sign up process.