The first thing you need to be aware of is that there are many different phones using the Android operating system (OS). One of the things this means is that each particular model will vary in some ways and the setup may be slightly different than the step by step instructions provided below.
Two things you'll need to know to setup any Android phone for Exchange (note: Exchange is the server from which you access your email, contacts, calendar).
- Domain: iastate.edu
- Server: outlook.office365.com
Step by step setup instructions for Android Phones:
ISU IT Services also has instructions for setting up your Android phone. You can find them here:
- Go to Settings
- Got to Accounts & Sync
- Select 'Add account'
- Choose Exchange active sync
- For email address, type: email@example.com (where 'netid'=your email)
- For password, type your email password
- For server, type: outlook.office365.com
- Click Next
- If you're asked for Username, type: netid (again, 'netid'=your email. If that doesn't work, try just your netid or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If it asks for your password again, leave it as is
- Make sure 'This server requires an encrypted SSL connection' (or similar) is checked
- Click Next
IT Services recommends that you setup your Exchange account before you set up additional email accounts on your phone (not including your Gmail account, which you'll need to set up first). If you've already added other email accounts, remove them, setup Exchange, and then re-add them.