It is normal to experience change in our lives. Even though we may expect normal change, it can still create stress. Sometimes our expectations about the results of change are unrealistic. Unexpected changes also impact families with tragic loss. Death or disabling injury or illness, divorce, and job loss can turn life upside down. Readjustment can be slow and painful. We need to be sure to care for ourselves and others during these stressful situations.
To assist you, Iowa Concern has stress counselors that can talk with you over the phone (1-800-447-1985) or in one-on-one live chat. You can also check out the frequently asked questions, or email an expert. Referrals for mental health counseling can also be accessed through Iowa Concern.
- Iowa Healthy Families Line - 1-800-369-2229
Toll-free telephone line for health information and referral for pregnancy, immunizations, and more
- TEEN Line - 1-800-443-8336
Toll-free telephone line Iowa teenagers can call to discuss issues they are facing; available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Depression - symptoms, treatment, and support sponsored by the National Alliance Mental Illness
- Publications focused on nutrition and wellness, parenting, stress, and more.
- Iowa Gambling Treatment Program - 1-800-Bets Off
Toll-free telephone line for services and resources related to gambling