About ISU Extension and Outreach: Humboldt County
Our mission is to build partnerships and provide research-based learning opportunities to improve the quality of life in Humboldt County.
- ISU Extension and Outreach has as its core purpose to provide research-based educational programs.
- ISU Extension and Outreach accomplishes its goals through the development of diverse and meaningful partnerships.
- Through our purpose, and in partnership, ISU Extension and Outreach provide relevant, needs-driven resources and as a result, creates significant impact in the state of Iowa.
The Humboldt County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Humboldt County.
Humboldt County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living