Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation and electronic filing for low to moderate income Iowans.
Certified community volunteers prepare taxes with computer software and help with special tax credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or Disabled.
IRS VITA tax sites are located throughout Iowa and partner with organizations including Iowa State University Extension and Outreach offices in some locations.
To locate the VITA site nearest to you, visit the IRS website or call 1-800-906-9887 or 211 in Iowa.
County Extension and Outreach offices hosting VITA sites for the current tax year include:
- Adams County in Corning - call 641-322-3184
- Allamakee County in Waukon - call 563-568-6345
- Carroll County in Carroll - call 641-747-2276
- Cass County in Atlantic - call 712-243-1132
- Cerro Gordo County in Mason City - call 641-530-3308
- Franklin County in Hampton - call 641-530-3308
- Greene County in Jefferson - call 641-747-2276
- Guthrie County in Guthrie Center - call 641-747-2276
- Hamilton County in Webster City - call 515-297-3707
- Lucas County in Chariton 641-774-2016
- Mills County in Malvern - call 712-624-8616
- Sac County in Sac City - call 712-662-7131
- Shelby County in Harlan - call 712-755-3104
- Tama County in Toledo - call 641-484-2703
- Wayne County in Corydon 641-872-3500
Wright County in Clarion - call 515-532-3453