Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation and electronic filing for low to moderate income Iowans.
Certified community volunteers prepare taxes with computer software and help with special tax credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or Disabled.
IRS VITA tax sites are located throughout Iowa and partner with organizations including Iowa State University Extension and Outreach offices in some locations.
To locate the VITA site nearest to you, visit the IRS website or call 1-800-906-9887 or 211 in Iowa.
County Extension and Outreach offices hosting VITA sites for the current tax year include:
- Adams County in Corning - call 641-322-3184
- Allamakee County in Waukon - call 563-568-6345
- Cerro Gordo County in Mason City - call 211 or 866-469-2211
- Chickasaw County in New Hampton - call 641-394-2174
- Des Moines County in Burlington - call 319-753-1647
- Floyd County in Charles City - call 211 or 866-469-2211
- Greene County in Jefferson - call 515-386-2138
- Guthrie County in Guthrie Center - call 641-747-2276
- Hamilton County in Webster City - call 515-297-3707
- Jasper County - call 641-792-6433
- Mitchell County in Osage - call 211 or 866-469-2211
- Poweshiek County in Grinnell - call 641-623-5188
- Sac County in Sac City - call 712-662-7131
- Shelby County in Harlan - call 712-755-3104
- Washington County in Brighton - call 319-653-4811
- Wayne County in Corydon - call 641-872-1755
- Wright County in Clarion - call 515-532-3453