Retirement: Secure Your Future
If you are age 20, you may be thinking down the road 50 years and your main goal is to begin saving and investing for your future. If you are within five years or less of retirement, you have many decisions to consider. Whether you are early in your career, mid-career, or getting close to retirement, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach has developed materials to help you make your own informed decisions.
Writing Your Retirement Paycheck
Take steps now to make your resources last a lifetime:
- Consider when to claim Social Security
- Plan for retirement withdrawals
- Find out how to protect against inflation
Contact the Family Finance Specialist in your area for additional workshop information.
|16 publications designed to provide adults of all ages an opportunity to begin thinking about their future. The series offers information for consideration from basic financial planning, to making retirement plans early and dealing with possible legal issues one could face in later life.|
Short recordings giving Iowans the option to listen to retirement advice when it works for them.
|Begin by Planning Today|
|Picture Your Future|
|Planning for Retirement Expenses|
|Build a Bridge to Your Future|
Social Security: Understand Your Options
|Roth vs Traditional Accounts|
- Mid Life & Beyond
- Medicare Prescription Drug Program - U.S.
- Social Security Administration - use benefits planner to figure your retirement benefits, apply for retirement benefits directly on-line or find out just about everything you ever wanted to know about Social Security!
- Choose to Save Campaign - financial calculators, "Ballpark Estimate," more tools to help you save for retirement
- Iowa's Senior Health Insurance Information Program - Information on Long-Term Care Insurance, Medicare Supplement Insurance and other health insurance issues important to older Iowans
- Employee Benefits Security Administration - A division of the U.S. Dept of Labor designed to educate and assist workers regarding pensions, health plans and other employee benefits
- American Savings Education Council - newest annual Retirement Confidence Survey and try out savings tools