Professional Development Credit
Ways to Earn Iowa QRS or Professional Development Credit
Iowa Quality Rating System (levels 3-5, Leadership and Administration) for child care center programs that fully implement this program.
16 contact hours
Iowa Department of Human Services professional development credit for center and preschool staff:
- 10 hours can be applied to the required annual professional development credit.
- The additional 6 can be applied to the QRS Professional Development category levels 3-5.
Iowa State University Continuing Education Units (added cost - $25)
National Administrators Credential (NAC) continuing education units for attending the full day NSO Director's training.
Child Development Associate (CDA) Credit
Better Kid Care Iowa – New Staff Orientation (NSO) offers 16 clock hours of training credit that may be applied toward the 120 clock hours of formal child care education required for a CDA credential. See how NSO content is applied to the CDA credential.
- New Staff Orientation
- Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale Training
- Environment Rating Scale Assessment
- Child Care Nutrition Training
- Family Storyteller
- Early Learning Online Training
- Early Childhood Consultation (I-Consult)
- Early Connections to Nature & Science
- Essentials Child Care Preservice