2014 Dry Manure Applicator Certification Workshops Offered by Extension
AMES, Iowa --- Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, will offer manure applicator certification workshops for dry/solid manure operators at eight locations during February. These workshops meet manure applicator certification requirements for both confinement site manure applicators and commercial manure applicators who primarily apply dry or solid manure.
“The information in this workshop will benefit not only those needing certification, but anyone using dry or solid sources of manure as a nutrient resource,” said Angie Rieck-Hinz, coordinator of the Manure Applicator Certification Program.
The workshops are free to attend and open to all. Applicators will be required to submit certification forms and fees to the Iowa DNR to meet manure applicator certification requirements.
Please register for one of the workshops by calling the number listed with the selected site. All workshops begin at 1 p.m.
- Feb. 5, Sioux County Extension Office, Orange City. Call 712-737-4230 to register.
- Feb. 10, Branding Iron Restaurant, Thompson. Call 641-584-2261 to register.
- Feb. 12, Community Building, Ellsworth. Call 515-832-9597 to register.
- Feb. 13, Borlaug Learning Center, Nashua. Call 641-228-1453 to register.
- Feb 17, Washington County Extension Office, Washington. Call 319-653-4811 to register.
- Feb. 20, Adair County Fairgrounds, Greenfield. Call 641-743-8412 to register.
- Feb. 21, Heartland Museum, Clarion. Call 515-532-3453 to register.
- Feb. 27, Buena Vista County Extension Office, Storm Lake. Call 712-732-5056 to register.