Juntos Facilitator Training
Are you interested in helping students succeed in school and increasing the number of Latino youth going to college? If yes, partner with ISU Extension and Outreach to bring Juntos to your community to help:
- prevent school dropouts
- promote students access to higher education
- increase parental involvement
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach offers a two day facilitator training to prepare Extension staff and community partners to implement the Juntos (Together for a Better Education) program in their community.
As of 2015, over 75 facilitators have been trained to implement Juntos in Iowa communities.
Who should attend
A community team with representation from schools, community agencies, non-profit, religious and outreach organizations. Teams should include an ISU Extension and Outreach staff member and at least two people from a community are required to participate in the training, one individual needs to be bi-lingual in Spanish and English.
Per person cost includes facilitator curriculum, refreshments, and meals. Cost varies by location and local sponsorship. Individuals are responsible for their own overnight accommodations and transportation to and from the hotel.
- Help youth choose to graduate from high school and seek higher education.
- Heighten family awareness that college attendance is a realistic goal.
- Improve levels of positive communication between parents, youth, and school staff.
- Help parents and youth understand the requirements for graduation and success in the U.S. high school system.
- Heighten family awareness of options for financing college expenses in the U.S.
- Increase youth’s skills and knowledge of the college application process.
- Increase families’ sense of empowerment to advocate and work to improve their schools.
Juntos Para Una Mejor Educación (Together for a Better Education) curriculum was developed by North Carolina State University Extension.
Changing Iowa Demographics
For more information about Juntos, contact a member of our leadership team: