Sharpen Your Financial Coaching Skills
Sharpen Your Financial Coaching Skills, a course from Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, is designed to help non-profit groups assist clients or members with their financial management concerns.
The course consists of 12 hours of hands on learning with case examples and videos to teach coaches how to effectively help clients with basic money management skills. Coaches will learn what community resources are available to help clients in financial crisis as well as how to set and accomplish financial goals, spending plan development, credit management, debt reduction strategies, and how to save for the future.
- Gain coaching skills and techniques to help participants with money-management behavior.
- Have adequate knowledge of the steps to develop a spending plan.
- Increase ability to be respectful and nonjudgmental when coaching clients on financial issues.
- Learn strategies for dealing with debt and building credit.
- Increase knowledge about financial organizational systems.
- Know what community resources are available to help families in a crisis situation.
- Select appropriate resources to share with clients.
The course fee is $75 and social work CEU credits are available for an additional recording fee. Contact your Family Finance Specialist for more information about class scheduling.