EXTENSION COUNCIL TRAINING ACADEMY
The purpose of the Extension Council Training Academy is to provide training for Extension council members so as to increase their knowledge and effectiveness as an Extension Council member. Training within the academy can be done online and by individuals or used in a group-training format.
Budget and Financial Management Training
- Refunds/Reimbursements - Friday, March 16, 2012 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. by Emily Ladewig
- How to receipt income against an expense account
- How to record an expense against a revenue account in Cougar Mountain
- Month End Balancing - Tuesday, March 20, 2012 from 1:30 to 3:30 a.m. by Emily Ladewig
- How to use the NEW balancing spreadsheet and instructions
- Extension Council Monthly Reports - Examples of some of the monthly reports provided to all County Agricultural Extension Council members during Extension Council meetings (includes examples and explanations).
- Fiscal Year Cycle - highlights important milestones and deadlines for the fiscal year.
Extension Council Member Newsletter
Extension Council Member Roles & Responsibilities
Supervision of Employees
Make a Difference Across Iowa - 2012
The Make a Difference Across Iowa conference, held the first Saturday of December, offered newly-elected and current Extension Council members the opportunity to network with peers around the state. The one-day conference also offered an introduction to Iowa State University Extension and Outreach guiding principles and philosophy; explanations of county council member roles and responsibilities related to fiscal, programming and personnel management; and information about laws and resources that support Extension Council work. The conference was hosted at twelve sites across Iowa and was attended by nearly 200 Extension Council members. Each session was recorded, and is available for viewing.