Register for the 2014 Jr.FLL THINK TANKSM season - Open through April 15, 2015
To complete your team registration, you will need:
- $50 Registration fee (Team Grant Information)
- Email addresses for 2 coaches - TWO Coaches, over the age of 18, must pass the FIRST Youth Protection Screening prior to being able to pay for your team, access materials etc. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. Screening can take a few days to complete. Please plan accordingly.
- Your basic team info
What does my registration fee get me?
- Challenge Document - yearly Challenge topic/theme developed with the help of topic experts
- Coaches' Resources - links, books, and places for coaches to find resources for the Challenge topic
- Coaches' Manual - general Jr.FLL information such as rules, building a team, and help getting started
- Jr.FLL Team Meeting Guide - 6-8 week guide that aligns with the Challenge Document and contains lessons/activities to assist the coach throughout the Jr.FLL season
- Jr.FLL Online Showcase Access - online Expo experience, teams share their research, LEGO model and Show Me poster with teams from around the world, while collecting virtual stickers along the way
- Reduced pricing on LEGO Kits
Focused on building an interest in science and engineering in children ages 6-9, Junior FIRST® LEGO® League (Jr.FLL®) is a hands-on program designed to capture young children's inherent curiosity and direct it toward discovering the possibilities of improving the world around them. Just like FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL®), this program features a real-world challenge, to be solved by research, critical thinking and imagination. Guided by adult coaches and the Jr.FLL Core Values, students work with LEGO elements and moving parts to build ideas and concepts and present them for review.
Team Members get to:
Design and build challenge solutions using LEGO elements
Apply real-world math and science concept
Research challenges facing today’s scientists
Learn team building and presentation skills
Develop Show Me poster