Harrison County 4-H
Jr. FIRST Lego League
Applications for 2014-15 School Year:
4-H Jr FIRST Lego League Member Application MsWord (.pdf version)
4-H Jr FIRST Lego League Parent Recommendation Form MSWord (.pdf version)
2014-15 Jr. FIRST LEGO League Theme: Think Tank, Redefining Learning
There’s always something new to learn, as Junior FIRST® LEGO® League teams will find out this season. In the 2014 Jr.FLL THINK TANK(SM) Challenge, over 26,000 children ages 6 to 9 from 14 countries will take a closer look at where and how learning happens every day. Get ready to dive into the Jr.FLL THINK TANK!
What is 4-H Jr.FIRST Lego league?
Harrison County 4-H Jr. FIRST Lego League is for 3rd & 4th graders that will meet every two weeks beginning in February and finishing in the end of March.
A typical meeting will include:
- Meetings will be held at the Harrison County Extension Office from 5:00-7:00 p.m. on a night that works for the team, meetings every two weeks
- Lego Buildiing Show and Tell...bring your own Lego creations that you have constructed at home with your Legos
- Review the Jr. FIRST Lego League Values
- Team Building Game and Challenge
- Basic Robotics Building and Programming
- Building or Programming Challenge
- Focus on "Disaster Blasterr" theme
- Homework for next meeting--including internet research or building challenge
- Jr.FLL Lego Serious Play Curriculum--Constructing with Legos with a Purpose
- Harrison County 4-H Powerpoint "What is Jr. FLL Disaster Blaster"
JrFLL 2013 The Challenge DIsaster Blaster
JrFLL 2013 Coaches Manual DIsaster Blaster
JrFLL 2013 Coaches Resources DIsaster Blaster
JrFLL Challenge Pack Focus Area 1 Think About It
JrFLL Challenge Pack Focus Area 2 Learn About It
JrFLL Challenge Pack Focus Area 3 Build It
JrFLL Challenge Pack Focus Area 4 Share It
JrFLL Challenge Pack Drop in Session A Team Building
JrFLL Challenge Pack Drop in Session B Intro to Simple Machines
JrFLL Challenge Pack Drop in Session C Creative Building Challenges
JrFLL Challenge Pack Drop in Session D Celebrate Sussess
Can Junior FIRST® LEGO® League teams help us master natural disasters? In the 2013 DISASTER BLASTER℠ Challenge, over 22,000 children ages 6 to 9 from 12 countries will explore the awe-inspiring storms, quakes, waves and more that we call natural disasters. Teams will learn how science, technology, engineering, and math impact our everyday lives while they get excited about future innovations. Brace yourself for DISASTER BLASTER! Each year, Jr.FLL presents a new and exciting Challenge to ignite the inherent creativity in young children. While exploring natural disasters, teams will learn about simple machines as they build a model made of LEGO® elements with a motorized part and learn to present information through a Show Me Poster. Throughout their experience, teams will operate under Jr.FLL’s signature set of Core Values.
YouTube Videos on Jr. FIRST Lego League Team Expos on past Years Themes
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living