Inspire Youth in SW Iowa to learn through 4-H Robotics and STEM Workshops
Region 17 will be hosting Summer 4-H Robotics and STEM Day Camps. Apply for Summer 2013 Internship position presenting 4-H Robotics workshops for youth and adults along with other STEM activities.
Application· Individuals can apply by submitting a Letter of Application, a current Resume and 2 Reference Contacts. Please email your Letter, Resume and References to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the position, you cancontact David Seilstad by eamil: email@example.com at 712-644-2105. Application deadline is April 24, 2013.
Position Description for ISU Extension Region 17
4-H Robotics and STEM Summer Intern
Job Purpose: This educator will work with youth and adults in Harrison, West Pottawattamie, East Pottawattamie, Mills, Montgomery, Page and Fremont Counties to create and support youth science and technology education. Outcomes include two programming priorities: the direct delivery of 4-H Robotics and curriculum in a three- five day camp format in support of 4-H Robotics and Technology clubs AND the delivery of STEM camps where youth can participate in inquiry based programming with a wide variety of interaction with 4-H Science and Technology. This summer educator works as a team member with Extension staff, council and community partners in these seven counties to build interest in 4-H science and technology while educating and training an adult support system to take the learning into the next 4-H programming year.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Direct and conduct research-based educational programming in science, engineering and technology, including 4-H Robotics and STEM curriculum
· Market 4-H science and technology opportunities to youth in the seven counties, including but not limited to underserved populations
· Work with adult volunteers and county Extension staff to support these two programming events as they support existing and new special interest clubs
· Maintain a close working relationship with the Regional Extension Education Director, County Program Coordinators and Youth Program Specialist
· Manage resources to ensure the effective delivery of education programs
· Offer comprehensive and complex educational programming to support long-term behavioral change
· Be recognized locally as an Extension professional through public relations and networking
· Report and evaluate the impact of programs through weekly program summaries to the Region 17 Youth Program Specialist
· Comprehensive progress summaries to Extension Councils of activities, programming and impact by July 8 and August 16.
· This position will be funded by the Extension Councils in the Region 17 Counties.
· Bachelor’s degree in education, agriculture, biological or physical sciences, or related field to Extension discipline. An undergraduate internship also meets the required qualifications.
· Evidence of good organizational skills
· Evidence of excellent performance working with youth in group and classroom settings
· Evidence of teaching or youth program delivery
· Good written, oral and customer relations communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and E-mail applications
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
· Pass the background screening to meet the Child Protection and Safety Policy
- The successful candidate will be expected to successfully manage their schedule including occasional evening and weekend programming
Additional preferred qualifications:
· Coursework in education with experience in formal and/or non-formal teaching
Experience as a user of any Extension’s programs
Hours: Approximately 480 hours during the 2013 summer. Start date Tuesday May 28 – Friday August 9 (M-F) July 4th Holiday excluded.
Application· Individuals can apply by submitting a Letter of Application, a current Resume and 2 Reference Contacts. Please email your Letter, Resume and References to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the position, you can contact David Seilstad by eamil: email@example.com at 712-644-2105. Application deadline is April 24, 2013.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living