JOB OPENING: Summer 4-H Program Assistant
ISU EXTENSION - HAMILTON COUNTY
Summer 4-H Program Assistant
OFFICE LOCATION: ISU Extension Office, 311 Bank Street in Webster City in Hamilton County.
STATUS: Temporary 3000 hours over 7 weeks during summer (June 20 through August 5) Report for work at 9 a.m. – 4:30 pm – Except for Entry Deadline Day (June 27th – Fashion Revue Day – July 6 – Clover Kids Day Camp – July 7 and all during the week of fair July 18 – 25 – hours will be determined according to activities)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Summer Program Assistant’s role is to assist with planning and conducting county 4-H activities such as Clover Kids Day Camp, County Fair, Older 4-H Bar B Q’s and other special activities, including work with youth, parents and volunteers. Other activities include planning and conducting efforts to encourage youth volunteers to become active in 4-H program activities. Hourly wage is set at $9.50 an hour.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist in 4-H program data entry.
- Submit records or program participation, program evaluation, wage and mileage reports as required to supervisor.
- Prepare press releases and public service announcements and ensure they are completed accurately and sent routinely.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing to youth and adults.
· Knowledge and experience as former member or volunteer in the 4-H program is desirable.
· Experience in working with groups.
· Experience in organizing activities or events in school, church or community settings.
· Advanced microcomputer skills required, Microsoft Windows, Word for Windows and Excel preferred or related programs.
· People oriented individual, skilled in customer relations and willing to be a team player. Must be able to work in a group effort.
· Access to transportation is necessary.
TO APPLY SUBMIT APPLICATION TO HAMILTON COUNTY EXTENSION.
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living