4-H Judges Training Offered
Two training locations scheduled:
Ø Saturday, September 27 at the Polk County Extension office in Altoona
Ø Saturday, October 18 at Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge
Interested in learning more about how projects that are exhibited at County and State fair are evaluated? Have you ever considered being a 4-H Judge? Well now you can join the ranks 4-H judges by attending a new 4-H Judges Training of Saturday, September 27, from 9:15 am – 3:30 pm at the Polk County Extension Office located at 1625 Adventureland Drive in Altoona, IA or in Fort Dodge Saturday, October 18 at Iowa Central Community College East Campus.
- The first three hours (includes lunch) of the training builds knowledge and skills for new judges (as well as interested volunteers and parents) and the last two hours is project area content specific.
- Experienced judges will be presenting and all judges are welcome to attend to brush-up on their expertise or expand their knowledge base.
- You will hear from Iowa State University Extension 4-H Youth Development staff, and experienced 4-H Judges how to evaluate, educate and encourage 4-Her’s exhibiting at fairs.
Judges Training cost is $40.00 for those attending all day and $20.00 for those attending a half day. Pre-register by Sept. 24 is necessary to confirm meals and materials for Polk County and October 10 for Webster County. To register go to:http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4h/judgestraining
- If you are an experienced judge who would like to present in the afternoon or be on a panel, please contact one of the training coordinators:
Polk site: Marisue Hartung, firstname.lastname@example.org or 641-752-1551; Jeff Macomber email@example.com(515) 993-4281
Ft. Dodge site: Annette Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-432-3882; Phil Heckman at email@example.com, (515) 832-9597
Register at the Judges Training web page http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4h/judgestraining
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living