About ISU Extension and Outreach: Guthrie County
The Guthrie County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Guthrie County.
Our Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Guthrie County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized support they need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Guthrie County Extension Office serves local residents through Iowa State University's six program areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources, Business and Industry, Communities, Families, 4-H Youth Development, and Continuing Education.
The Guthrie County Extension is very excited to be able to provide this opportunity to the community. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the website and surf through all the different links.
2014 Guthrie County Extension Council
(front row) left to right: Bret Hodges, Mike Thomas, Jim Calvert, Jim Clark
(back row) left to right: Barb Gigar, Sheree McClellan, Rhonda Barr, Carol Cain
(not pictured): Karen Kennedy
Are you planning a meeting or a get together for a small group? Consider the Guthrie County Extension Conference Room for your needs! We offer wireless internet & a kitchenette. Our facility is handicapped accessible & accommodates several seating arrangements. If you have any questions, or would like to reserve the room, please contact the Guthrie County Extension & Outreach Office at (641) 747-2276 & ask to speak to Vicki. For more information see the Conference Room Policy.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living