About ISU Extension and Outreach: Greene County
The Greene County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Greene County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Greene County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized support they need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Needs Assessment for Greene County Extension Late Summer and Fall 2005 Future Talk Process for the state’s 4-year planning cycle, 2007-2011. Source is Greene County Extension Council discussions and top results of 108 responses to a local needs analysis web-survey. These 25 need themes were clearly identified, and will serve as a foundation for program planning.
We invite you to learn more about facts and issues pertinent to the Greene County, Iowa area.
Are you planning on a meeting for 50 people or less and need wireless internet, an LCD projector, high quality sound capabilties, and a kitchenette? Consider the Greene County Extension Meeting Room for your needs. The facility is handicapped assessible and accomodates several seating arrangements.
Greene County Extension Meeting Room Guidelines
2013 Greene County Extension Council
Standing: Loel Larson, Shari Minnehan, David Higgins, Pam Olerich, Marilyn Parker
Seated: Tom Heater, Amber Lawton, Wendy Mount, Katie Hoskins
Extension Council members are elected by the voters of Greene County to serve four year terms. They oversee the planning, preparation, marketing and delivery of the extension educational programs in the county. Every county in Iowa has an extension council. Extension Countils provide, through a unique partnership with Iowa State University and other federal and state organizations, research-based, unbiased information and education to help county citizens make better decisions.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living