Greene County Iowa Master Gardener Summer Webinar Series Garden Goodness Announced
Each session will provide information about vegetable gardening, but from a variety of perspectives. “We selected 'Garden Goodness' as our theme for the 2012 series because of the current public interest in growing food,” said Jennifer Bousselot, Iowa Master Gardener and webinar series coordinator. “We want to introduce our participants to as many aspects of growing food as we can during these sessions.”
Dates, presenters and topics for the 2012 series are:
- May 22, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Ajay Nair – Growing Vegetables. Nair is an ISU Extension horticulture specialist.
- June 26, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Angie Tagtow – Food Gardening and Health; and 7:30-8:30 p.m. Denise Fikes – Glenwood’s Giving Garden. Tagtow is an environmental nutrition consultant; Fikes is the Mills County Extension horticulture assistant.
- July 24, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Linda Naeve – Peoples Garden Project and Working with Youth; and 7:30-8:30 p.m. Cindy Haynes – Edible Ornamentals. Naeve is an ISU Extension value added agriculture specialist; Haynes is an associate professor in the Department of Horticulture and an ISU Extension consumer/urban horticulture specialist.
- August 28, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Angela Tedesco – Top Ten Sustainable Gardening Tips from Turtle Farm. Tedesco is owner of Turtle Farm, an organic vegetable, fruit and herb CSA near Granger, Iowa.
The series, in its third year, is offered by Iowa Master Gardener program in response to requests for more Iowa gardening educational opportunities. The sessions are open to all interested gardeners; participants are not required to have completed Master Gardener training to attend, however the session will fulfill Master Gardener continuing education requirements.
Several counties already have plans to offer the webinar series – Boone, Cerro Gordo, Muscatine, Story and Wapello counties. As additional host counties are added, they will be listed on the Iowa Master Gardener website www.mastergardener.iastate.edu/info/summerwebinar2012.html. Contact the Greene County Extension Office for additional information and to register at 515 386-2138.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living