FSQA Food Safety Quality Assurance Training and Testing Information
FSQA: Food Safety Quality Assurance is a program that’s goal is to help youth better understand what they can do to produce the safest food possible. Youth that plan to show one (or more) of the following 4-H livestock projects at the 2014 Greene County Fair or Iowa State Fair must complete the FSQA certification program or pass the intermediate or senior test.
- Dairy Cattle
- Bottle Bucket
- Dairy or Meat Goats
Greene County has one FSQA Testing Session available in February:
- Monday, February 17 @ 2:00-500pm @ the Greene County Extension Meeting Room
RSVP if you plan to attend!
Greene County will offer two FQSA Training Programs in March:
- Tuesday, March 11 @ 6:00pm-7:30pm @ the Greene County Extension Meeting Room
- Thursday, March 13 @ 4:30pm-6:00pm @ the Greene County Extension Meeting Room
RSVP if you plan to attend!
Here is how you can become certified:
- Youth in grades 4-6must recertify through attending Training each year. These participants do not take a test.
- Youth in grades 7-9may attend the Training each year or take a 20 point multiple choice and true/false test. Youth passing the test will then be certified until they are in 10th grade.
- Youth in grades 10-12may attend the Training each year or take a 30 point multiple choice and true/false test. Youth passing the test will then be certified until they graduate.
- If you plan to test out, you have up to three chances (in one setting) to pass the test. If the test is not passed in that time, you will be required to attend training to receive certification.
- To review for your test, go to the online version of the FSQA manual that is on the Greene County 4-H Member Info webpage.
If you cannot attend one of the trainings in Greene County, please contact the Extension Office so we can give you times, dates, and contact information for other county trainings. You will then need to make arrangements to receive your certification in another county. Greene County and the county you attend will need to know where you will be completing the training ahead of time.
All Greene County youth that enrolled in a livestock project area should have received a letter reminding families of their FSQA expiration dates. You are also able to check your FSQA certification expiration date through your family 4-HOnline account. When you log into your family account, you will see on your family screen all the names that are currently listed in 4-HOnline. Under youth members that have already gone through the FSQA certification process, there is an expiration date below their record. “Expires: 03/13/2013” is an example of what you should see under past FSQA participant records. Your expiration date must be valid through the end of the 2014 Greene County Fair or Iowa State Fair. Once you attend FSQA training or testing, Extension Staff will update 4-HOnline with your most recent certification information.
For more information about the FSQA program, please contact Sarah Jo Reynolds, county youth and 4-H coordinator, at the Greene County Extension office by phone at (515) 386-2138.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living