Many times in the "real world" data does not come ready for us. Getting and organizing the data before beginning any GIS project requires lots of time. This tutorial you will learn to download U.S. Census data, create maps using the data and do analysis of demographic, social, economic and housing conditions.
US Census Bureau webpage, the Excel program, ArcCatalog and ArcMap will be used in this session. Shapefiles and database files will be downloaded from the US Census Bureau webpage, and then maps will be created using ArcCatalog and ArcMap.
- Download a shapefile from the US Census Bureau webpage;
- Download data from US Census Bureau webpage;
- Prepare data in EXCEL to be joined;
- Put the shapefile and the table together in ArcGIS;
- Classify the symbology by fields.
Basic level of ArcGIS is strongly recommended for this course. Experience using Windows-based applications is recommended.
To register click HERE.