IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH IN 2013!
When a new year begins, many of us resolve to make changes that will improve our lives. Often, those changes involve our health and well-being. ISU Extension & Outreach-Fremont County offers many resources to make sticking to your New Year's resolutions easier!
- If you want to increase your physical activity by making walking a regular habit, join a walking club! Fremont County schools have made it safe and easy to get your steps in. Sidney's Walking Club meets Tuesday-Friday from 7:45-8:20 a.m. at the Sidney Elementary School. In Farragut, you can walk around the Nishnabotna School Parking Lot from 7:45-8:15 a.m. Tuesday-Friday, but when it's cold, we're moving it inside to the comfort of the gym! Tabor also has a school walking club at Fremont-Mills CSD! Everyone is invited to join school staff and students from 7:45-8:15 Tuesday-Friday at the D. Helen & Ralph Carl Track. When the weather gets bad, the walk is moved inside to the gym. Don’t be shy…school officials want you there, the students will be anxious to visit with you, and you'll be setting a great example of life-long wellness for them. Best of all, you'll be meeting your own goals of physical fitness!
- Add some extra veggies to your meals or try a new fruit or vegetable once a month. Visit www.iowahealthieststate.com or http://www.extension.iastate.edu/topic/healthy-living for more information on good nutrition.
- If you smoke, try to quit. Check out QuitNet.com to help you do it. (You’ll need to register, but it’s free!).
- Join the Challenge!! Visit www.livehealthyiowa.org to sign up your team of 2-10 people. Track activity minutes and/or weight loss through the Live Healthy Iowa website and complete for prizes while improving your health.
Help Iowa claim the #1 spot in the Healthiest State Race by 2016 by adding some healthy changes into your life all year long. Small changes make a big difference. For more ideas, visit iowahealthieststate.com.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living