AG-related issues following a flood
Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 04/11/2012 - 00:00
Topic-specific resources for ag-related issues following a flood are available for Iowa crop concerns from Iowa State University Extension and agricultural issues compiled by the Extension Disaster Education Network.
- Spring Seed Cover Crops to Help Recover Flooded Fields—Feb. 2012
- Management Considerations for Post Flooding Soils—Nov. 2011
- Flood Recovery for Cropland - Sept. 12 webinar
- Understanding and Managing Soil Compaction - PM 1901B
- Soil Erosion and Water Quality - PM 1901E
- Sept. 12, 2011 Webinar, Flood Recovery for Cropland -- Extension staff from Iowa State University and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln addressed questions raised by receding Missouri River floodwaters. Follow these links to watch the webcast: Introduction; Sedimentation and Debris Removal; Managing Post Flooding Soils; Cover Crops for Soil Health; Leases and Crop Insurance on Flooded Land; Flood Information for Crop Lands Q & A.
- Flooding and Stored Grain
- Assessing Private Well Safety After Flooding
- DNR fact sheets — outline correct disposal of flood damaged items - building materials, wet grains, appliances, hazardous materials, etc.
- Weather and Climate
- Many of the items listed above were first published on the ISU Extension Integrated Crop Management News site.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living