Wraps “Your Way”
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:34
Serves:1 adult or 2 small children
- 1 10-inch whole wheat tortilla
- 1 teaspoon spread, such as lowfat mayonnaise or ranch dressing, mustard, or dill- or vegetable-flavored dip
- 1/2 cup shredded, sliced, or chopped vegetable(s), such as lettuce, tomato, slaw mix, cucumber, onion, carrot
- 1 ounce* protein food, such as cooked sliced chicken or beef, 1/4 cup tuna, 1 hard-cooked egg, or 1/4 cup refried beans
- 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella or other cheese
* 1 ounce is about 1/3 the thickness of a deck of playing cards.
- Wash hands.
- Mix the spread and the vegetables together.
- Spread vegetable mixture on tortilla.
- Spoon on the protein choice and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Roll up and eat or wrap in waxed paper and heat in microwave for 30 seconds to melt cheese.
- Choose your favorite protein food for these wraps -- cooked sliced chicken or beef, tuna, hard-cooked eggs, or refried beans.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's