Whole Meal Salad
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 04/09/2013 - 20:00
- 2 cups salad greens (romaine, spinach or mixture)
- 1 cup chopped vegetables and/or fruits, such as cucumber, frozen peas (thawed), onion, tomato, mango, avocado, carrots, or salsa
- 1 ounce* chopped cooked chicken, beef, or pork, or 1/4 cup canned beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried fruit, shredded cheese, or chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons low-fat salad dressing
*1 ounce is about 1/3 the thickness of a deck of playing cards.
- Wash hands.
- Arrange greens on large plate or bowl.
- Add vegetables and/or fruits plus meat or beans.
- Add dried fruit, cheese, or nuts.
- Add dressing.
- Use fresh produce to tempt hot weather appetites. Add a few oyster crackers if you want more crunch.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu