Whole Grain Cereal Treats
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:14
Serving Size:2 inch square
- 3 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1-10 ounce package (or 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups whole grain cereal (Cheerios, wheat flakes, Wheat Chex, etc.)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows on high for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir again until smooth.
- Add cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cut into 2-inch squares when cool.
- These taste the best when served the same day.
- To add some color and flavor, add about 1 cup of dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, etc.) along with the cereal.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's