Whole Grain Cereal Treats
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:14
Serving Size:2" square
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) regular marshmallows (about 40) or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups whole grain cereal (Cheerios™, wheat flakes, Wheat Chex™, etc.)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Heat margarine and marshmallows on high in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir again until smooth.
- Add cereal and stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into 9" x 13" pan coated with cooking spray using a buttered spatula or waxed paper. Cut into 2" squares when cool.
- These taste the best when served the same day.
- Add about 1 cup of dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, etc.) along with the cereal to add some color and flavor.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu