Veggie Tasting Party
Submitted by taylork on Wed, 01/02/2013 - 14:31
Any whole, raw vegetables (such as broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, cauliflower, celery, or cucumbers)
- Have a garbage can, snack bags, large storage bags or containers, cutting board, and knives by the sink.
- Wash vegetables using a produce brush.
- Cut off the bottom of the vegetable bunches (celery, broccoli, cauliflower) or trim the ends of vegetables (bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers).
- Wash vegetables again if soil is visible.
- Cut vegetables into desired sizes.
- Sort into snack sized bags for lunches and take along snacks. A larger container with a variety of small pieces is nice for snacks at home or for easy use with meals.
- Refrigerate for later use.
- Prepared raw vegetables last longer if air is squeezed out of bags before sealing.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu