Submitted by taylork on Mon, 08/06/2012 - 14:43
Serving Size:1 1/2 cups
Cost Per Serving:$4.00 for whole recipe / $0.57 per person
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo or kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can water
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 to 4 teaspoons chili powder
- Black pepper, to taste
Optional: Shredded cheese or meat
- Put all ingredients in a large pot. Heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. If desired, top each serving with a tablespoon of shredded cheese.
Menu Idea: Vegetarian chili, carrot sticks, whole grain bread, apples
- Save money! Learn how to prepare dry beans.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's