Vegetable Fried Rice
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 20:30
Serving Size:1 1/2 cups
Cost Per Serving:$.71
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (instant or regular)
- 2 cups frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Pepper (optional)
- Spray a deep 12-inch skillet with cooking oil spray and place over medium heat.
- Pour the lightly beaten eggs into the skillet; cook without stirring until eggs are completely cooked, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the eggs to a plate and cut into strips; set aside.
- Return the skillet to the burner and add the oil. Heat to medium high and add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened.
- Stir in the rice, vegetables, and soy sauce. Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Add the egg strips and heat through. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired, before serving.
- If you don't have low-sodium soy sauce, use 1 1/2 teaspoons regular soy sauce plus 1 1/2 teaspoons water.
- If using large frozen vegetables, such as broccoli or green beans, cut into smaller pieces before adding to skillet.
- If desired add 1 cup cooked meat, fish, or chicken.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu