Tzatziki with Pita Chips
Submitted by taylork on Wed, 01/01/2014 - 13:47
Serving Size:¼ cup Tzatziki with 6 chips
Serves:8 (makes 2 1/2 cups)
Cost Per Serving:$.57
Ingredients for Tzatziki:
- 1cucumber (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (peeled and minced)(about 1-2 cloves)
- 2 containers (6 ounces each) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill and/or fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Ingredients for Pita Chips:
- 6 whole wheat pita pockets (6 1/2”)
- Olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- Dried basil, parsley, garlic powder (optional)
- Use a spoon to scrape out seeds from cucumber. Dice the cucumber into small pieces or shred using a grater.
- Spread cucumber on paper towels on top of a clean kitchen towel. Roll up the towels and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Transfer dry cucumber to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix. Cover and refrigerate until served.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut pita in 8 wedges, spray with oil, and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Toast chips 4-5 minutes, then turn and toast 1-2 minutes more. (Watch carefully at the end because they can quickly turn brown.)
- Serve the day after it is made for best flavor.
- Keep no more than 4 days in the refrigerator.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu