Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 10:40
Serving Size:1/2 cup
- 1 pound turnip greens
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 turnips
- Wash turnips and turnip greens well under warm running water.
- Discard tough stems of turnip greens. Slice turnips and greens down the middle and then crosswise.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and cook until tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth, turnip greens, and turnips.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Substitute 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder for the clove of garlic or experiment with different herbs available.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's