Turkey or Chicken and Noodles
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 10:46
Serving Size:3/4 cup
- 8 ounces dry noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion*
- 1 Tablespoon margarine or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups cooked, cubed turkey or leftover turkey roast
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 6 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
*Using green onions with the green ends will add some color to this dish.
- Cook noodles according to directions on package. Drain.
- Sauté onion in margarine in large, heavy saucepan.
- Stir in water, turkey, pepper, and cream of chicken soup.
- Simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in yogurt and noodles; heat thoroughly.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
- This dish may be frozen in individual containers for a quick lunch or supper.
- Add peas, green beans, broccoli, carrots, or other favorite vegetables.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's