Tuna Melt Sandwich
Submitted by taylork on Mon, 08/06/2012 - 14:28
Serving Size:1 sandwich
Cost Per Serving:$3.50 for whole recipe / $0.88 per person
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna, canned in water and drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped or 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices whole wheat bread*
- 4 slices tomato slices (1 medium tomato)
- 4 slices (3 ounces) American cheese
*You can use any whole grain bread or split rolls.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In medium-size bowl, combine tuna, onion, mayonnaise, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Place bread on baking sheet.
- Spoon about one-fourth of the tuna mixture on each piece of bread, spreading nearly to the edges. Add a tomato slice.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Add a cheese slice on top of each sandwich and return to oven for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Serve.
Menu Idea: Tuna melt sandwich, vegetable soup, milk
- Learn how to choose whole grain bread to use in these sandwich recipe.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu