Teriyaki Rice Bowl
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:11
Serving Size:1 cup
Cost Per Serving:$0.91
- 2 teaspoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 3/4 pound boneless chicken, beef, or pork (cut into strips)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup low sodium teriyaki or soy sauce
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 14- to 16-ounce package frozen stir-fry vegetables
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on high heat. Add meat and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add water and teriyaki or soy sauce and stir. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in frozen vegetables. Heat until vegetables are hot (about 5 minutes).
- Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Use leftover (or planned-over) cooked meat if desired.
- Freeze individual portions for lunch if a microwave is available for reheating.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu