Teriyaki Rice Bowl
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 19:11
Serving Size:1 cup
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 3/4 pound boneless chicken, beef, or pork, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup low-sodium teriyaki or soy sauce
- 2 cups uncooked minute brown rice
- 1 14- to 16-ounce package frozen stir-fry vegetables
- Wash hands.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on high heat. Add chicken or other meat and garlic. Cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and the teriyaki sauce; stir. Bring to boil. Stir in rice. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in frozen vegetables. Heat until vegetables are hot, about 5 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Use leftover—or planned-over—cooked meat, if desired.
- Freeze individual portions for lunch if a microwave is available for reheating.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu