Taco Rice Skillet
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:21
Serving Size:1 1/2 cups
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cups chopped tomato
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Colby, American, Cheddar, or Taco)
2 cups shredded lettuce
- Cook ground meat in a large skillet until brown. Rinse with warm water and drain to remove fat.
- Add rice, water, onion, and chili powder.
- Simmer over low heat until rice is cooked, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Serve on plates.
- Sprinkle cheese and lettuce over the top.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Either fresh or canned tomatoes may be used. (2 cans of 14 or 15 ounces each Mexican style tomatoes.)
- 1 medium size onion will yield about 1 cup chopped onion.
- Serve with taco sauce if desired.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's