Sweet Potato Fries
Submitted by taylork on Mon, 01/14/2013 - 14:11
Serving Size:2/3 cup fries
Cost Per Serving:$.32
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, chili powder, or paprika
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse potatoes under running water. Scrub potatoes well and peel, if desired.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Lay each potato half flat and slice into half-round shapes about 1/4" thick.
- Combine potatoes, oil, and salt in a bowl. Stir so potatoes are covered with oil.
- Grease cookie sheet with oil and lay potato slices in a single layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Mix the dip ingredients while potatoes are baking.
- Serve immediately.
- Watch How to Make Homemade Oven Fries http://goo.gl/gR8J76.
- These are best when served hot.
- Sweet potatoes are a great source of Vitamin A.
- You can skip the dip or use ketchup.
- Sweet potatoes are great as an appetizer.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu