Summer Bounty Salad
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 04/09/2013 - 20:23
Serving Size:1 cup
Cost Per Serving:$.50
- 7 cups cut-up vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, carrots, radishes, green onions)
- 1 pepper (green, red, or yellow), sliced (1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tomatoes (red or yellow or mixed)
- 2/3 cup light or fat-free dressing
- Wash and prepare the vegetables (cut the carrots and zucchini in slices, slice or chop tomatoes make the broccoli and cauliflower in florets.) If you plan to make this ahead or keep for several days, seed the tomatoes or they get too juicy.
- Combine all vegetables and salad dressing in a bowl, stirring to coat vegetables with dressing. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 3 hours to blend favors. Store any leftovers in refrigerator and use within 3 days.
- Use what is plentiful at the farmers’ market or whatever you have available.
- If your family has different salad dressing preferences, divide the vegetables between two containers and add 1/4 cup of your choice of dressing to each.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu