Summer Bounty Salad
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 04/09/2013 - 20:23
Serving Size:1 cup
Cost Per Serving:$.50
- 7 cups vegetables (chopped) (zucchini, broccoli, carrots, radishes, green onions)
- 1 pepper (green, red, or yellow), sliced (1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tomatoes (red, yellow, or mixed)
- 2/3 cup light or fat-free salad dressing
- Wash and prepare the vegetables. (Cut the carrots, zucchini, radishes, green onions, and pepper in slices. Make the broccoli and cauliflower into florets. Slice or chop tomatoes.)
- Combine all vegetables and salad dressing in a bowl, stirring to coat vegetables with dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 3 hours to blend favors. Store any leftovers in refrigerator and use within 3 days.
- Use what is plentiful at the farmers market or whatever you have available.
- If you plan to make this ahead or keep for a couple of days, seed the tomatoes or they get too juicy.
- Divide the vegetables between two containers if your family has different salad dressing preferences. Add 1/3 cup of your choice of dressing to each container.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu