Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:36
Serving Size:3/4 cup
- 1/2 pound boneless lean beef or chicken
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2-3 cups raw vegetables, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Instant rice
- Slice beef or chicken thinly or cut into small cubes.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 Tablespoon oil over high heat. When hot, add meat. Stir-fry until meat is brown but not quite done, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add vegetables, garlic, and 3 Tablespoons of water. Lower the heat and cover skillet. Cook until water evaporates, about 10 minutes. Veggies should be brightly colored and crisp-tender and the meat should be cooked and tender.
- Make as many servings of instant rice as needed according to the package directions.
- Serve stir fry hot over instant rice.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- If raw vegetables are not available, use frozen stir fry vegetables.
- Try brown rice in place of white rice.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's