Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 10:38
Serving Size:1/2 cup
- 2 cups uncooked vegetables, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (i.e., parsley, basil, thyme, tarragon, oregano, Italian seasoning, garlic)
- Wash and cut vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Put veggies, water, oil, and herbs into saucepan or deep frying pan.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover the pan with a lid. Cook vegetables until tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook 1-2 minutes longer until liquid evaporates.
- Serve while hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Experiment with new and different vegetables and herbs.
- Increase or decrease the amount of vegetables based on how many people are eating, about 1/2 cup of vegetables per person is good.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu