Spicy Green Beans
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 11:16
- 1 pound fresh or frozen green beans or 1-15 ounce can green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- Cook beans until crisp-tender. Set aside. (Skip this step if using canned beans).
- Cook chopped onion in margarine until soft.
- Add flour, oregano, and garlic powder to onions. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid to the onion mixture.
- Add beans to tomato mixture. Cook over low heat until heated through.
- To add a different flavor, try different varieties of diced tomatoes such as tomatoes with green chilies.
- One small onion will yield approximately 1 cup of chopped onion.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's