Spicy Baked Fish
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 10:34
Serving Size:1 fillet
- 4 frozen cod fillets
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 8-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw frozen fish in the refrigerator.
- Grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Put fish in pan.
- Bake at 350° F about 20 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, cook onion and green pepper in a small saucepan in remaining oil until onion is soft.
- Drain tomatoes and add to onion and green pepper. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Remove fish from the oven after 20 minutes of baking and drain the liquid from the pan.
- Pour vegetables over drained fish and bake 10 more minutes.
- If you prefer a less spicy dish, use plain diced tomatoes.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's