Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 11:33
Serving Size:1 cup
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 green pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- Brown the ground meat in a large skillet. Transfer mixture to a colander set over a bowl and rinse with warm water to remove grease.* Return to skillet.
- Add the chopped green peppers and onions. Cook over medium heat until tender.
- Add the water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, macaroni, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir often to keep the macaroni from sticking.
- Serve while hot.
- *Do no pour grease down the drain. Let grease harden, then put it in the trash.
- Add some frozen corn or canned black or kidney beans at Step 3, if desired.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu