Scrambled Egg Muffins
Submitted by taylork on Wed, 01/01/2014 - 14:10
Serving Size:1 muffin
Cost Per Serving:$.59
- 2 cups washed vegetables, diced (broccoli, red or green bell peppers, onion)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Add chopped veggies to the muffin tin.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour eggs into the muffin tin and bake 20-25 minutes. To add cheese, remove the tin from the oven during the last 3 minutes of baking. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the muffins and return the tin to the oven.
- Bake until the temperature reaches 160°F or a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Use other veggies such as mushroom, tomato, or spinach instead of broccoli and peppers.
- Bake in an 8 x 8-inch pan for about 20 minutes.
- Add ham or Canadian bacon.
- Diced means to cut into small pieces (1/4 inch or less).
- Vegetables can be prepared the night before and stored in the refrigerator for a quick breakfast.
- Serve extras in tortillas or with a green salad and roll for a meal idea.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's