Submitted by taylork on Mon, 01/14/2013 - 14:05
Serving Size:1 wrap
Cost Per Serving:$1.27
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 can (14.75 ounces) salmon
- 3 tablespoons light Italian dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- Rinsed lettuce or spinach leaves
- 1 cucumber
- Soften cream cheese in medium bowl or microwave for 10 seconds.
- Wipe top of salmon can before opening. Drain salmon in a colander and rinse with water.
- Add salmon, dressing, and pepper to cream cheese in medium bowl. Stir to blend.
- Spread 1/3 cup filling on each tortilla. Spread to the edges.
- Slice tomato thinly and cut slices in half.
- Peel cucumbers. Cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds with a spoon. Cut in half crosswise. Lay on flat side and cut into narrow strips.
- Lay lettuce or spinach leaves in the center of the tortilla. Top with tomato and cucumber down the center of the tortilla.
- Roll up tightly. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Tuna can be used instead of salmon but has fewer omega 3 fatty acids.
- Rinsing salmon removes about half the sodium.
- Small bones in canned salmon are soft, edible, and rich in calcium.
- For appetizers, cut eat roll into 6-8 mini rolls.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's