Salad in a Bag
Submitted by taylork on Tue, 01/08/2013 - 14:02
Serving Size:1 1/2 cup
- 1 cup lettuce per person
- 1/2 cup of vegetables per person such as: broccoli, black beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, shredded carrot, diced cooked sweet potatoes, lima beans, peas, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, green beans, onions, tomatoes, zucchini, asparagus, red, yellow or green peppers, mushrooms
- 1-2 Tablespoons salad dressing per person
- Use a one gallon sized zip-lock bag for a family sized salad or a one quart sized bag for individual salads.
- Place 1 cup lettuce per person in the gallon bag or 1cup in each quart bag.
- If making individual salads in quart bags, add 1/2 cup of veggies to each bag. If making a family sized salad in gallon bag, add 1/2 cup of veggies per person.
- Add salad dressing.
- Zip bag shut and shake to distribute the dressing over all the ingredients.
Note: Recipe analyzed using romaine lettuce, black beans, carrots, peas, tomatoes, and French salad dressing.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu
- How To's