Roasted Tomato and Spinach Pasta
Submitted by taylork on Mon, 01/14/2013 - 14:08
Serving Size:1 1/4 cups
Cost Per Serving:$1.62
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups fresh spinach or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the tomatoes under running water. Cut in half. Spread on greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle oil (2 tablespoons), salt, pepper, and garlic powder on tomatoes. Stir to coat.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Prepare spinach and spaghetti as tomatoes bake.
- Rinse fresh spinach in water, slice in strips OR thaw, drain, and pat dry the frozen spinach. Set aside.
- Follow package directions to cook spaghetti. Drain.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, Italian seasoning, spinach, and baked tomatoes to the spaghetti. Stir until heated through. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
- Basil leaves can be substituted for part of the spinach leaves.
- 2 large tomatoes can be substituted for cherry tomatoes. Remove the seeds and cut into quarters before roasting.
- Leftovers taste great for lunch the next day!
- This dish does not freeze well.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu