Roasted Tomato and Spinach Pasta
Submitted by taylork on Mon, 01/14/2013 - 14:08
Serving Size:1 1/4 cups
Cost Per Serving:$1.62
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (about 10 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons oil (canola or vegetable), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups fresh spinach or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the tomatoes under running water. Cut in half. Spread on greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle oil (2 tablespoons), salt, pepper, and garlic powder on tomatoes. Stir to coat.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Prepare spinach and spaghetti as tomatoes bake.
- Slice spinach in strips*. Or thaw, drain, and pat dry the frozen spinach. Set aside.
- Follow package directions to cook spaghetti. Drain.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, Italian seasoning, spinach, and baked tomatoes to the spaghetti. Stir until heated through. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
- *Spinach that is in a package and labeled as "ready to eat" or "washed" does not need to be washed before eating. Spinach that is not packaged does need to be rinsed under running water before eating.
- Basil leaves can be substituted for part of the spinach leaves.
You can substitute 2 large tomatoes for the cherry tomatoes. Remove the seeds and cut into quarters before roasting.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu