Ramen Noodle Skillet
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 16:45
Serving Size:1 3/4 cups
Cost Per Serving:$1.08
- 2 teaspoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 cup onion, chopped (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 carrot (chopped or sliced into small pieces)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir fry vegetable mixture, thawed
- 2 cups cooked meat or poultry (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef flavored instant ramen noodles (broken into pieces)
- 1 cup water or broth
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and carrots and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Thaw the broccoli mixture in the microwave and drain.
- Add the broccoli and cooked meat to the skillet. Stir and heat (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add the noodle seasonings to the water/broth and stir into the skillet.
- Break apart the ramen noodles. Add to the skillet when the water/broth simmers. Stir to moisten the noodles. Cover the skillet and cook until done (about 2 minutes). Serve immediately
- Beef chuck roast was used in the nutrition analysis.
- Speed this recipe up by using leftover meat and vegetables.
- Substitute 1 pound of ground beef or turkey to yield two cups of meat.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu