Ramen Noodle Skillet
Submitted by taylork on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 16:45
Serving Size:1 3/4 cups
Cost Per Serving:$1.08
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 carrot, chopped or sliced into small pieces
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable mixture, thawed
- 2 cups cooked meat or poultry cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 (3-ounce) package beef-flavored instant ramen noodles, broken into pieces
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and carrots and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Thaw the broccoli mixture in the microwave and drain.
- Add the broccoli and cooked meat to the skillet. Stir and heat (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add the noodle seasonings to the water and stir into the pan.
- Break apart the ramen noodles. Add to the skillet when the water simmers. Stir to moisten the noodles. Cover the skillet and cook until done (about 2 minutes).
- Serve immediately.
- Substitute 1 pound of ground beef or turkey to yield two cups of meat.
- Substitute cooked meat and vegetables from other meals.
- Rinse cooked, crumbled ground beef with hot tap water to reduce fat by 50 percent.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Menu